Friday's Xrp session was again higher than usual. The token reached a 4-month high, marking the third consecutive session of record. Despite market volatility, the token that was once known as ripple has increased by more than 50% over the past seven days. Cronos, which rose by almost 15 %. was another notable mover today.
Friday's session saw XRP rise for the second consecutive session. The token reached a new four-month high.
After a week-opening low of $0.3398, XRP/USD climbed to an intraday high of $0.5523 today.
Today's price surge saw XRP rise by more than 10%. XRP reached its highest level since May 9.
The chart shows that the token surged past its $0.5000 long-term ceiling, pushing the relative strength index (RSI), to a new high.
The index currently tracks at 72.57 as of writing. This is the highest point since August 2021.
XRP has fallen from its previous highs. Previous bulls seem to have sold their positions and made gains.
If bears view this as an opportunity for reentry into the market, then we may see XRP reverse its course.
Cronos (CRO), another notable gainer, was achieved today as the token climbed past a key resistance level.
CRO/USD soared to $0.1226 Friday, pushing prices beyond their previous ceiling of $0.1145.
Today's peak marks the highest point that Cronos has reached in the last ten days. This pushes CRO closer to $0.1260.
The RSI indicator also showed a break of the ceiling at 50.50, which was in addition to the recent resistance of $0.1145.
The chart shows that the 10-day (red-colored) moving average is closing in on its 25-day counterpart (blue), which could result in an upwards crossover.
The token trades at nearly 14% above the previous week.
Sign up here to receive weekly price analysis updates to your inbox:
Are we likely to see the momentum in cryptocurrency markets increase this weekend? We'd love to hear your comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Precious Metal IRA?
You can diversify your retirement savings by investing in precious metal IRAs. This allows you to invest in gold, silver and platinum as well as iridium, osmium and other rare metals. These precious metals are extremely rare and valuable. These are good investments for your cash and will help you protect yourself from economic instability and inflation.
Bullion can be bought through many channels, including online retailers, large coins dealers, and some grocery shops.
An IRA for precious metals allows you to directly invest in bullion instead of purchasing stock shares. This will ensure that you receive annual dividends.
Precious metal IRAs are not like regular IRAs. They don't need paperwork and don't have to be renewed annually. You pay only a small percentage of your gains tax. Plus, you can access your funds whenever you like.
How Does Gold Perform as an Investment?
The supply and the demand for gold determine how much gold is worth. It is also affected by interest rates.
Due to their limited supply, gold prices fluctuate. Additionally, physical gold can be volatile because it must be stored somewhere.
How to Open a Precious Metal IRA
The first step in opening an Individual Retirement Account, (IRA), is to decide if it's something you want. Open the account by filling out Form 8606. For you to determine the type and eligibility for which IRA, you need Form 5204. This form should be completed within 60 days after opening the account. You can then start investing once you have this completed. You could also opt to make a contribution directly from your paycheck by using payroll deduction.
To get a Roth IRA, complete Form 8903. Otherwise, the process will look identical to an existing IRA.
You'll need to meet specific requirements to qualify for a precious metals IRA. The IRS stipulates that you must have earned income and be at least 18-years old. Your earnings cannot exceed $110,000 per year ($220,000 if married and filing jointly) for any single tax year. Contributions must be made regularly. These rules apply to contributions made directly or through employer sponsorship.
You can use a precious metals IRA to invest in gold, silver, palladium, platinum, rhodium, or even platinum. You can only purchase bullion in physical form. This means you won’t be able to trade stocks and bonds.
You can also use your precious metals IRA to invest directly in companies that deal in precious metals. Some IRA providers offer this option.
An IRA is a great way to invest in precious metals. However, there are two important drawbacks. First, they don't have the same liquidity as stocks or bonds. They are therefore more difficult to sell when necessary. Second, they are not able to generate dividends as stocks and bonds. Therefore, you will lose more money than you gain over time.
- The price of gold jumped 131 percent from late 2007 to September 2011, when it hit a high of $1,921 an ounce, according to the World Gold Council. (aarp.org)
- If you take distributions before hitting 59.5, you'll owe a 10% penalty on the amount withdrawn. (lendedu.com)
- This is a 15% margin that has shown no stable direction of growth but fluctuates seemingly at random. (smartasset.com)
- Contribution limits$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$58,000 or 25% of your annual compensation (whichever is smaller) (lendedu.com)
- Indeed, several financial advisers interviewed for this article suggest you invest 5 to 15 percent of your portfolio in gold, just in case. (aarp.org)
- Saddam Hussein's Invasion Helped Uncage a Bear In 1990 – WSJ
- Are you interested in keeping gold in your IRA at-home? It's not exactly legal – WSJ
Tips to Invest in Gold
Investing in Gold remains one of the most preferred investment strategies. This is due to the many benefits of investing in gold. There are many ways to invest gold. Some people buy physical gold coins, while others prefer investing in gold ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds).
Before you purchase any type or gold, here are some things to think about.
- First, check to see if your country permits you to possess gold. If the answer is yes, you can go ahead. If not, you may want to consider purchasing gold from overseas.
- Second, it is important to know which type of gold coin you are looking for. You can go for yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, etc.
- The third factor to consider is the price for gold. It is best to begin small and work your ways up. It is important to diversify your portfolio whenever you purchase gold. Diversify your investments in stocks, bonds or real estate.
- Don't forget to keep in mind that gold prices often change. Keep an eye on current trends.
By: Eliman Dambell
Title: Biggest Movers: XRP Hits Fresh 4-Month High, Token Climbs 50% This Week
Sourced From: news.bitcoin.com/biggest-movers-xrp-hits-fresh-4-month-high-token-climbs-50-this-week/
Published Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:46:58 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…