The current state of decentralized finance (defi), in terms of total values locked (TVL), has been turbulent. It currently stands at $54.95 billion. Since March 29, the TVL has been at its lowest level in five months. Makerdao is the dominant defi protocol, with 13.27% of the market.
Value Locked in Defi slips Below $55 Billion
- The top smart contract platform coins based on market capitalization were up by roughly 0.6% against the U.S. Dollar at the time of writing. Additionally, the smart contract token economy was valued at $296 million as of the time of writing.
- Smart contract tokens have improved over the past 24 hours but the state of defi is at its lowest level since March 29, 2022.
- The total value of defi currently is $54.95 billion. Ethereum's value is $31.61 billion. This is just 57% of today's aggregate value.
- Tron's $5.41 Billion and the $5.38 Billion held by Binance Smart Chain, (BSC), defi protocols are next to Ethereum.
- While Ethereum's defi has been dominant over the past 30 days the TVL has fallen 14.09%, while Tron has lost 9.72% in the last month.
- BSC lost 2.54% in 30 Days, but layer two (L2) defi protocol Arbitrum managed 1.52% last Month.
- Makerdao holds 13.27% of the $54.95 trillion in today's locked funds. This makes it the dominant protocol, with $7.29 billion or $7.29 million.
- Makerdao lost 6.46% in the last 30 days, while the second largest defi protocol Lido Finance lost 10.38%. Lido currently has $5.97 Billion locked up on Saturday September 24, 2022.
- Curve, Aave and Lido follow Makerdao, Lido, Convex Finance and Just Lend.
- Although most top smart contract tokens based on market capitalization had a disappointing week, some smart contract coins experienced double-digit gains.
- Within seven days, neblio gained 35.2%, while algorand (ALGO), jumped 27.5% and counterparty, XCP, rose 21.2% last Wednesday.
- Three of the top smart contract tokens fell by double digits last Wednesday. The Ergo (ERG), proton (XPR), and terra luna (LUNC) all lost 35% against the U.S. dollars.
- The top five smart contract tokens are ethereum and BNB. Cardano (ADA) fell 1.7% in seven days, BNB is up 2.4% in seven, solana is up 6.8%, cardano(ADA) lost 1.7%, and solana (SOL is up 6.8%). Meanwhile, polkadot lost 6.2% to the U.S. Dollar.
What are your thoughts on the current state decentralized finance and top smart contract tokens according to market capital? Please comment below to let us know your thoughts on this topic.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to hold physical gold?
Gold is money. Not just paper currency. People have been using gold for thousands of years to store their wealth and protect it from economic instability and inflation. Today, investors invest in gold as part a diversified portfolio. This is because gold tends do better in financial turmoil.
Many Americans now invest in precious metals. Even though owning gold is not a guarantee of making money, there are many reasons why you might want to add gold to your retirement savings portfolio.
Another reason is the fact that gold historically has performed better than other assets in times of financial panic. Between August 2011 and early 2013 gold prices soared nearly 100 percent, while the S&P 500 plunged 21 percent. Gold was one asset that outperformed stocks in turbulent market conditions.
The best thing about gold investing is the fact that there's virtually no counterparty risk. Your shares will still be yours even if your stock portfolio drops. But if you own gold, its value will increase even if the company you invested in defaults on its debt.
Finally, the liquidity that gold provides is unmatched. This allows you to sell your gold whenever you want, unlike many other investments. You can buy gold in small amounts because it is so liquid. This allows for you to benefit from the short-term fluctuations of the gold market.
How is gold taxed in Roth IRA?
An investment account's tax is calculated based on the current value of the account, and not on what you paid originally. Any gains made by you after investing $1,000 in a stock or mutual fund are subject to tax.
However, if the money is deposited into a traditional IRA/401(k), the tax on the withdrawal of the money is not applicable. Taxes are only charged on capital gains or dividends earned, which only apply to investments longer than one calendar year.
These accounts are subject to different rules depending on where you live. Maryland is an example of this. You must withdraw your funds within 60 calendar days of turning 59 1/2. You can delay until April 1st in Massachusetts. New York allows you to wait until age 70 1/2. You should plan and take distributions early enough to cover all retirement savings expenses to avoid penalties.
How much should your IRA include precious metals
It is important to remember that precious metals can be a good investment for anyone. You don't need to be rich to make an investment in precious metals. There are many ways to make money on silver and gold investments without spending too much.
You might think about buying physical coins such a bullion bar or round. You could also buy shares in companies that produce precious metals. Another option is to make use of the IRA rollover programs offered by your retirement plan provider.
You'll still get the benefit of precious metals no matter which country you live in. They offer the potential for long-term, sustainable growth even though they aren’t stocks.
And unlike traditional investments, they tend to increase in value over time. This means that if you decide on selling your investment later, you'll likely get more profit than you would with traditional investing.
- Indeed, several financial advisers interviewed for this article suggest you invest 5 to 15 percent of your portfolio in gold, just in case. (aarp.org)
- Contribution limits$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$6,000 (49 and under) $7,000 (50 and up)$58,000 or 25% of your annual compensation (whichever is smaller) (lendedu.com)
- You can only purchase gold bars at least 99.5% purity. (forbes.com)
- Gold is considered a collectible, and profits from a sale are taxed at a maximum rate of 28 percent. (aarp.org)
- If you accidentally make an improper transaction, the IRS will disallow it and count it as a withdrawal, so you would owe income tax on the item's value and, if you are younger than 59 ½, an additional 10% early withdrawal penalty. (forbes.com)
- Saddam Hussein’s InvasionHelped Uncage a Bear In 1989 – WSJ
- Are you interested in keeping gold in your IRA at-home? It's not exactly legal – WSJ
- 7 U.S. Code SS 7 – Designation of boards of trade as contract markets
- 26 U.S. Code SS 408 – Individual retirement accounts
Investing in gold vs. investing in stocks
This might make it seem very risky to invest gold as an investment tool. Many people believe that investing in gold is not profitable. This belief comes from the fact most people see gold prices falling due to the global economy. They fear that investing in gold will result in a loss of money. In reality, though, gold investment can offer significant benefits. We'll be looking at some of these benefits below.
The oldest form of currency known to mankind is gold. It has been in use for thousands of year. It is a valuable store of value that has been used by many people throughout the world. As a means of payment, South Africa and many other countries still rely on it.
When deciding whether to invest in gold, the first thing you need to do is to decide what price per gram you are willing to pay. The first thing you should do when considering buying gold bullion is to decide how much you will spend per gram. You can always ask a local jeweler what the current market rate is if you don't have it.
It's worth noting, however, that while gold prices have fallen recently the cost of producing gold is on the rise. Although gold's price has fallen, its production costs have not.
The amount of gold that you are planning to purchase is another important consideration when deciding whether or not gold should be bought. It is sensible to avoid buying gold if you are only looking to cover the wedding rings. But, if your goal is to make long-term investments in gold, this might be worth considering. Profitable gold can be sold at a lower price than it was when you bought it.
We hope you have gained a better understanding about gold as an investment tool. Before making any investment decisions, we strongly advise that you thoroughly research all options. Only then can you make informed decisions.
By: Jamie Redman
Title: Value Locked in Defi Drops to Lows Not Seen Since March, Ethereum Dominates TVL by 57%
Sourced From: news.bitcoin.com/value-locked-in-defi-drops-to-lows-not-seen-since-march-ethereum-dominates-tvl-by-57/
Published Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 16:10:56 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…